Schlap v1.0.7 WiN MAC
FLARE | 07 August 2021 | WiN: 3.96 MB | MAC: 7.41 MB
..:: AU, AUv3, VST3, x64 & AAX ::..
If you want your tracks to be energetic, in-your-face and bold, make ’em “Schlap”. Schlap is a characterful, colourful and aggressive sounding program-dependent compressor. It takes inspiration from hardware RMS compressors of the past and evolves them into a modern setting. The compressor uses a program-dependent attack and release influenced by old hardware making the compression sound characterful and dynamic. The RMS detection means that Schlap detects the average loudness of a signal, resulting in sudden short peaks being uncompressed so that they can attack hard and sound heavy hitting. Also inherently in RMS detection, there is a slight delay in compression which allows the initial, early transients to sneak through uncompressed so they keep their punch. You’ve got a safe, controlled track you think you’re happy with, but you have to ask yourself… “Does it Schlap?”
– Aggressive, in your face compression.
– Program dependent – attack and release settings are automatic.
– 4 ratio styles: expansion and gating, standard compression, infinite limiting compression and negative over-compression.
– Optional external side-chain input.
– Sidechain filtering.
– Inspired by old hardware.
Schlap v1.0.7 WiN MAC-FLARE