Thorn v1.3.0 WiN
Team V.R | 04 October 2021 | 287.89 MB
Thorn is a software synthesizer that was designed to be easy to use and deliver awesome sound. In Thorn, being simple means to be straightforward and provide advanced sonic control at the same time. Intuitive workflow, high quality processing modules, light on the CPU, Thorn is ready to be put at the heart of your mix, in any genre of modern electronic music production.
Thorn offers 3 oscillators that utilize spectral synthesis method. This gives you control over all harmonics involved into the generation process of your sound. The oscillator provides sets of spectral and real-time effects to shape harmonics further. Of course FM, RM, PWM, Hard Sync implemented too.
Sound sources organized as spectrum tables of 16 frames with ability to edit and morph harmonics. The spectral synthesis gives ability to “post-process” all the generated harmonics with a special filter to colorize the output.
Two multi-mode, analog modeled filters with sensitive saturation stages available to charge your sounds and make it shine through the mix. There are 9 high quality effects, 3x ADSR envelopes, 3x LFOs, 2x multistage envelopes at your service in Thorn. 16-step flexible arpeggiator with MIDI output to generate rhythmic sequences available as well.
Additionally, Thorn provides a grid-based Glitch sequencer for maximum fun. Chop your sounds with the sequencer to get modern glitchy, stuttering effects.
• Added native Apple Silicon architecture support for Mac
• Plugin Data folder can be relocated on Windows now
• Added support for Oddsound MTS-ESP microtuning
• Fixed crash in Logic Pro X
• Fixed UI updating issues on macOS 11.3X
• Dropped 32bit support for both Windows and Mac
• Increased popup menu size
• Return key press does not trigger preset changes now
• All parameter changes now correctly reported back to DAW. This has been causing issue with external controllers
• Fixed incorrect GUI scaling for dual monitor setup
• Added “Load Preset…” command for preset browser
• Few minor fixes and adjustments